Chicken Pot Pie (Dairy Free)
3 cups Unsweetened Regular Almond Milk
1 cup of Chicken Broth (You can get the broth from the cooked chicken)
3 Tbsp of Dairy Free Butter
1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
1 Tbsp of Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp of Flour
1 tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Pepper
2 cans of Green Beans (Drained)
1 can of Corn (Drained)
1 big chicken breast (boneless skinless) (You can also use a Rotissere Chicken)
1 package of little biscuits
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Cook chicken in a square baking dish for 25 minutes (covered with foil)
While that is cooking you can get started on the gravy…here’s how:
- Place butter, minced garlic and Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper in saucepan. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add flour and whisk into a paste.
- Add in Almond Milk and chicken broth. Whisk until blended
- Cook for 10 minutes (whisking frequently). Take off stovetop and stir in drained veggies.
Once your chicken is done cooking…
- Shred the chicken in the pan
- Pour in the gravy/veggie mixture
Put in the oven to cook for 20 min.
Take out of oven and add the small (uncooked) biscuits on top and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
*This recipe is a dairy free recipe. For those of you who don’t want to do dairy free, just sub in milk and butter, as opposed to almond milk and dairy free butter.
Kelly is someone who cooks out of necessity. If it were affordable to eat out, her trash would be filled with takeout containers. She tends to get creative with the recipes by adding extra ingredients.