Is stay-at-home-momming your current gig? How’s it going? I mean, how is it really, truly going?
If your family has to make serious household budget cuts in order for you to stay home, you’re not alone. Many of us are in the same boat, floating through the sea of parenthood while sacrificing cable TV, shopping trips to Anthropologie, and our beloved Starbucks.
Fellow CityMom Melanie Allen and blogger Lindsey Henry (of LindseyJane.com) stopped by Lullaby Sitters to talk about why the SAHM life doesn’t have to be one filled with sacrifices. Babysitting and nannying is a great way to build up your bankroll. Here are Melanie and Lindsey’s top reasons to begin babysitting.
1. Extra money - let’s be honest: money is always at the forefront of our decision making. Babysitters earn anywhere from $7-15 per hour based on education and experience. That can add up quickly if you watch a kiddo full time while his parents are working!
2. Flexibility - Not looking for a full time gig? See if your neighbor needs before of after school care for her kids. Know a couple who desperately needs a date night? Simply work one or two nights a week for them. Unlike a traditional 9 to 5, you’re calling the shots here. Work when you want.
3. Convenience - Look… you already have a ton of toys at your house. You have chicken nuggets in the freezer and more applesauce than you know what to do with. You’re a pro at brushing Barbie hair. As a mom, you’ve got this kid care thing down pat. Total advantage!
4. Fun! - If your kids are school-aged or older, babysitting little ones can instantly take you back to the days when it was all about puzzles, blocks, and Sesame Street. If your kids are little, too, bringing other kiddos into the mix can provide your kids with playmates, while also offering a chance to teach important skills like sharing, cooperation, and teamwork.
5. Dress Code - Kiddos don’t care what you wear... as long as you can get on the floor and play! Simply throw on yoga pants and your favorite tee shirt and you’re ready to go.
Ready to get started? Create a Lullaby Sitters profile to connect with Families in your area and get the conversation started. Attend one of our Speed Sitting events to meet several Parents at once! And remember, Sitters ALWAYS sign up free!
Ready to babysit, register at https://www.lullabysitters.com/resumes/register
To read more from Lindsey Henry, visit her blog at http://www.lindseyjane.com